Growly Bear had her very 1st Christmas Party today at Play School. They had a little potluck morning snack, and when I asked her yesterday what we should make for it, she of course replied, "Cake-cups! Pease mommy!" So, that's exactly what we made.
I'm always a little unsure of what food rules other parents have, and I don't wanna be the junk-food-mom, so I hoped that if I was bringing a sweet treat, it would be OK so long as I made it kinda healthy, and with real ingredients, from scratch.
They were a hit! Everyone seemed to enjoy them, and I didn't get any frowns from any of the mommies, so I guess a little sweet treat is OK on occasion.
As we were packing up to go home at the end of the party, Growly Bear's teacher gave me a pretty wrapped Christmas package. She told me it's something that Growly Bear made for us. I placed it way up on the Christmas tree for safe keeping until Christmas Morning. I can't wait to see what's in there!
I must be a sucker for punishment, becasue I've decided to start CAIB3 as soon as we are home from our vacation. Might as well get it out of the way while I'm on a roll!
Hope you're all ready for Christmas! Less then a week to go.
Now go make these delicious cake-cups!
Love and Hugs
Banana Chocolate Chip "Cake-Cups" with White Vanilla Cream Cheese Icing
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 ripe bananas, mashed
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup good quality chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line 30 muffin tins with paper liners.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla and mashed bananas. Beat in the flour mixture alternately with the sour cream, mixing just until incorporated. Fold in chocolate chips, and evenly distribute the batter between the prepared tins.
- Bake for 20-25 mins, or until lightly golden, and a toothpick comes out clean when inserted.
- Allow to cool completely, and frost with White Vanilla Cream Cheese Icing
White Vanilla Cream Cheese Icing
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tblsp real Mexican White Vanilla
- 2 cups icing sugar
- Cream butter and cream cheese until smooth and fluffy
- Add whipping cream and vanilla, and beat on high until thick, about 2 mins
- Slowly add icing sugar, and continue beating until fluffy
- Icing will be slightly runny. You can use it right away, or chill it in the fridge for about an hour to let it firm up a bit before spreading