Yesterday however, wasn't one of those times. She came racing into the living room where I was, and demanded "Chair pease! Cook cookies, with butter!"
Seeing as we are still recovering from the Cookie, Brownie, Oreo Squares, I opted out of more baking, and we made a tasty new dinner recipe instead.
My girlfriend made us something similar when we went to their house for dinner a few weeks ago, and it was delicious! She was worried it was too "red-neck" to serve to dinner guests, which is funny, cuz we're pretty red-neck.
We decided though that the addition of bacon actually made it pretty classy, and so, it was a completely guest worthy dish.
Here's Growly Bear and my version. I served them it with gravy, and my Scalloped Sweet Potatoes and Carrots au Grautin. Enjoy!
Love and Hugs
Bacon Wrapped Meatloaves
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup Barbecue Sauce (I used Honey Garlic)
- 1-1/2lb. lean ground beef
- 1 box Stovetop Stuffing Mix for Chicken
- 3/4cup aged cheddar, shredded
- 6 slices thick cut Bacon
- Whisk eggs, milk and barbecue sauce in large bowl until blended. Add all remaining ingredients except bacon. Mix well using hands.
- Let sit for 10-15 mins, and the stuffing mix will soak up the liquid and you will be able to form it with your hands.
- Shape into 6 (1-inch-thick) patties; wrap bacon slice around edge of each patty. Place on a greased cookie sheet with a lip.
- Heat oven to 375ºF. Bake patties for 35 mins, or until done. Serve with gravy. Enjoy!