Since I have pretty much the world's best employers, they've agreed to let me come back to work one short (six hour) day a week until I start back full time in June. This is awesome for many reason:
- I get to get out of the house and have an adult conversation! And a hot cup of coffee, which I actually get to drink while it's still hot! (I enjoyed two of those today from the comfort of my desk. One of them with whipping cream instead of regular Creamo. Shhhhh. Calories don't count if you don't talk about them!)
- A nice slow transition for me... I mean Growly Bear to get me... I mean her used to me not being home with her every day.
- A little extra moola to stash away in our travel account.
- Growly Bear gets a Grama or Daddy day, depending on who's working and who's not.
- My brain get's challenged with something more then "Which trashy daytime TV show should I watch?" or "Would anyone notice if I eat the ENTIRE box of Ferrero Rochers? And if I DO eat them all, where will I hide the evidence?"
- My House-Husband steps up his game! The house was tidy, and the dishwasher had been un and re loaded!
- That amazing, eye twinkling, chubby cheeked, ear to ear excited grin I got when I came home tonight was pretty much the best thing in the world. And Growly Bear was happy to see me too!
I should mention though, the day didn't start out so well. I woke up excited, and sad, and nervous and happy. Watching my happy Growly Bear slowly wake up and flash me her great big grins as she patted my face good-morning and cooed to me, somehow broke my heart knowing that I wasn't going to be home to spend the day with her. As I was kissing her and telling her how much I loved her and would miss her while I was gone, my husband had the audacity to rub my shoulder and try to hug me. To which I replied, "DON'T BE NICE TO ME! I'll CRY!" (Oh the joys of being an emotional, irrational, crazy woman!) He quickly retracted his hand and left the room. Probably the smartest thing he could have done.
I gave her about 9 "see you" hugs and about 32 kisses before I finally made myself walk out the door. Once I got in the car though, I actually felt much better. And by the time I was walking into the office a few minutes later, all my anxiety was gone, and I was just excited! It felt like the first day of school when you knew all your friends would be waiting for and would want to know all about what you did during the summer.
The first couple hours were dedicated to chit-chatting and getting caught up on all the good stories I'd missed out on, and then it was down to work. To my amazement, I actually remembered how to do my job! I was sure that 8 months off, paired with my mush mommy brain, was going to prove to be a disastrous combo. But, it wasn't so bad at all! I quickly remembered what I was suppose to do, and found my rhythm in no time!
My wonderful husband kept me up to date on the happenings at home with texts and a couple photos here and there. The control freak in me really enjoyed knowing what was happening at home without me. The mommy in me was almost a just little teeny bit sad that she was doing so well without me.
By the end of the day, I was feeling exhilarated and rejuvenated, and really ready for a snuggle from my baby girl.
I'm already looking forward to next Monday, but until then, I'm extremely grateful to get to stay home and be Growly Bear's mommy.
This working momma is off to bed now,
So till next time, Love and Hugs