Despite me not having a clue how HTML codes and such work, I was able to add a site visits counter and a "Members" box to the side bar! Pretty impressed with myself I must say! I'm thrilled to see all the traffic my blog is getting! If you're enjoying what you're reading, please feel free to become a "member".
So, you may be wondering how the "eating plan" is going. This about sums it up....
My hubby with a sweet tooth begged me to make them.... Well, that might be a slight bending of the truth, or possibly more of an out and out lie. I NEEDED some chocolate chip cookies! But I have my reasons!
It's been COLD here. Like crazy, insane, cold like I've never experienced before in my entire life. Last week it was -19 with a windchill of -24! It's been snowy, icy, slushy, frozen, nasty if you have to be outside, but wonderful and cozy if you can be inside by the wood stove looking out.
Growly Bear went for a visit to Grama's on Monday while I was at work, and they were going to go out and play in the winter weather for a while. After a quick trip out into the yard, even thought Growly Bear was wearing my awesome (now vintage) snowsuit from when I was a baby, they decided it was too cold to be out there and had to head back into the house.
It's suppose to warm up and rain, and winter is suppose to be over. Right now, the "rain" that we are forecast to be having looks kinda white and fluffy and frozen. If this keeps up, there might be more cookie and cocoa days in my future. So for now, the new "eating plan" is "everything in moderation". We'll see how that goes.
Going to go eat my 3rd cookie of the night now (that's a moderate amount, right!?). Oh, and I know you're all wanting chocolate chip cookies now, so I've included my perfected recipe. You're welcome!
Love and Hugs
Best Big, Fat, Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (or 1 white and 1 whole wheat if you're making them "healthy") ;)
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup butter melted
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended. Beat in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until light and creamy. Mix in the sifted ingredients until just blended. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand using a wooden spoon. Drop cookie dough 1/4 cup at a time onto the prepared cookie sheets. Cookies should be about 3 inches apart.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the edges are lightly toasted. Cool on baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.