Secondly, I'm pretty excited to announce that it seems that Spring is here! And just in time seeing as Growly Bear wants to be outside pretty much constantly. She's been enjoying her nice new sandbox that her creative daddy made for her out of a bobcat track! Pretty cool if you ask me.
Honestly though... I'm sick of paying $55 for a box of diapers ($45 if I'm lucky and catch them on sale) so I figure it's worth a shot!
It's actually going quite well! We are very gently easing into it. We've been slowly working on it got about 2 weeks, just trying a few naked hours here and there, and she seems to be getting the hang of it.
She pretty funny about anything wet she spots on the floor now (aka: leaked sippy cup contents, puppy slobber, splashed puddles in the kitchen or bathroom., etc.) She exclaims with extreme worry, "Oh no mommy! Whas-thaaaaa!" abd points with a horrified look on her face. Poor little thing has no idea if its a legitimate puddle, or a leak from her. She is getting much better at recognizing her own leaks though.
In fact, this morning, I set her little potty up in front of the TV (yes, there we go with yet another Mommy Confession - I occasionally, as in quite frequently, use the TV as a distraction or a bribe, depending on the situation!). She wasn't really into TV this morning, so we read about 102 books while she sat on there instead. She got bored after a while, and decided to play with her toys instead.
Next thing I know, she walks passed me, picks up her potty, and carries it out into the kitchen. She sat her cute little naked but down, and proceeded to pee! All on her own! No coaxing from me! We celebrated with hugs and kisses and a crazy pee-pee dance and some chocolate. She acted like it was no big deal, and like she's been doing it for months.
I most certainly feel like we are on the right track.
On a different note, I've included my version of that tasty, extremely fattening looking, brownie recipe with all the layers that we've all seen floating around Facebook all week. My bossy friend insisted that I make for last nights dinner. So I did. And it kinda rocked a little!
Love and Hugs
Layered Brownie Delight
- 1 batch Best In The West Ooey Gooey Brownies, cooked and completely cooled
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tblsp good vanilla
- 1 (16 oz.) containers Cool Whip, divided (note: I'll use real whipped cream next time)
- 2 (3 oz.) packages instant chocolate pudding
- 3 cups milk
- 1 square of chocolate, grated/shaved
- 1) Mix cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla and half of the container of whipped topping. Put this mix on top of the cooled brownies.
- 2) Blend puddings and milk together and put on top of the cream cheese mixture.
- 3) Top with remaining whipped topping.
- 4) Put chocolate shavings on top. Refrigerate until ready to serve.