Although it truly doesn't feel like fall, there are some small signs that it is in fact October, and not the middle of July. Despite the fact that it's been 23 degrees for much of the past week, the flowers are starting to look tired, and the leaves are starting to fall. The nights are much cooler, and it's getting dark so much earlier then it was just a few weeks ago!
So, to welcome this incredible Fall that we're having, I decided to give my blog a little facelift. Let me know what you think!
The facelift was actually mostly inspires by an awesome impromptu photo shoot that we did with my girlfriend today! We've been talking about doing a Fall Family Photo Shoot for about a month, and today she texted me to say with this fantastic weather we are having, today was the perfect day!
She was right! The photos are amazing. And we had so much fun!
I've posted before about thing that I'm thankful for, but this time of year always makes me look at all that we have, and appreciate it even more. It's hard to narrow down all the incredible things in our life, but I decided to do a Top 5 list of the most important things - in no particular order:
1) My Family: I have the most wonderful, loving family ever! Without them, I would be lost. I am thankful for them every day. I love the fact that Growly Bear will grow up knowing what unconditional love is.
2) My Husband: I have the best husband, possibly in the entire world. He's patient, supportive and kind. He puts up with my moods and whims. Like today, he had a huge list of things to do, and he dropped everything for our last minute Photo Shoot! Despite the fact that he was less then pleased to loose his day off getting pictures takes (his least favorite thing in the entire world!), he smiled pretty and went along with it while we dragged him to different locations around town to get the perfect shots.
3) My Baby Girl: Growly Bear amazes me every single day. There was a time that we were told we may never be able to have her. Every time I look at her I feel truly blessed! She's becoming such an incredible little person! This stage is so much fun (although I find I say that at every stage we've hit so far). She's got this incredible personality and ideas of her own! The craziest little sense of humor, and so much love in her. I am so thankful I get to be Growly Bear's mommy.
4) My Friends: I have the most wonderful group of friends that anyone could ever ask for. These girls that I love have the biggest hearts! Whether it's dropping everything for a last minute lunch date becasue one of us is having a bad day. Or helping to pull off an incredible 1st Birthday Party. Texting to say "today's the day" for the photo shoot we've been talking about, even though it means giving up her day off. Showing up with beer and nachos just becasue the sun is shining. A last minute adventure, or spur of the moment weenie roast just becasue it's been a few days since we've had a get-together, and we miss each other! These girls I am lucky enough to call "my friends" are the best people I know!
5) My Job: I know not everyone can say they love what they do, but I do! Part of what makes my job so fun, are the great people I work with. Our office is a little family of it's own. And I am so thankful that my incredible bosses understand that I need to be a mommy, as well as work for them. They allow me freedom and flexibility so that I can do both!
I hope everyone has thought about all the good in their lives, and picked out a few things that they are thankful for.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
Love and Hugs