*Mommy Confession* I've only dropped her off, and left her once. And it was only for 20 minutes. And it was only becasue her Playschool teacher "suggested" that I go check the mail just to see how Growly Bear handled it...
Of course she handled it fine. I, on the other hand, felt lost and bored and went and hung out at my office until my 20 minutes were up! Longest 20 minutes. Ever!
Today though, I decided to take advantage of the drop-off option seeing as I had about 40 things to do. And you know what, it was awesome! I cleaned the house without a small child riding on the vacuum. I washed the floor without having to keep reminding her she was suppose to be watching me from the other room, and not walking on the clean/wet floors! I did laundry and dishes. I got the last Christmas parcel packed up and mailed off. I did some shopping. It's amazing what you can fit in to an hour and a half when you don't have a busy little person needing your undivided attention.
And then I started missing her. So I went and played with her for the last half an hour of her class.
In other news, in case you didn't see it on Facebook, I have AWESOME hair!
So when my hair dresser said she wanted to try a Christina Agulara kinda thing on me, I told her to go for it! And I LOVE IT!
In case you haven't realized, it's less then two weeks till Christmas! Woo-hoo! Seeing as I can't seem to keep up with my Husband's sweet tooth, the cookie corner was bare today, so Growly and I decided to have a little baking afternoon. I've included one of the yummy recipes we made. Enjoy!
Love and Hugs
- 1/2 cup slivered almond, toasted and finely chopped
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped red candied cherries
- In large bowl, beat butter, and sugars on medium speed until smooth and creamy. Add egg and extracts and finely chopped almonds, beat on medium speed until smooth. On low speed, beat in flour, baking powder and salt until dough forms. Stir in cherries.
- Form dough into 2 (8-inch) logs. Wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Heat oven to 375°F. Cut dough into 1/4-inch slices. Please slices on greased cookie sheets, 2 inches apart.
- Bake 7 to 9 minutes or until edges start to turn golden brown. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks.