Growly Bear now has such an awesome appetite and stomach capacity, that it is necessary to cook her her own chunk of whatever deliciousness we are eating that night. I used to be able to share my chicken breast/pork chop/fish steak/hamburger patty, etc with her, and we would both end up with enough dinner that we were both full and satisfied at the end of the meal.
That's no longer the case! The last week and a half, I've been hungry still after dinner, and I couldn't figure out why! Then, the last couple nights, I've started paying attention to how much of my food she's getting, and it's a lot! I don't know where this child of mine puts it!
Maybe THAT'S the real reason why I've lost 12 lbs in the past month... maybe it's not the Body By Vi after all.... (Joking! It's totally the Body By Vi!)
So today, when I was portioning out the meat I'd bought in bulk into meal size freezer bags for the week, each bag of chicken thighs got 5 instead of 4. And each bag of chicken breasts got 3 instead of 2. Same with pork chops. And the other night, when my hubby was cutting up a beautiful, huge, fresh spring salmon that was delivered to our door by a friendly fellow firefighter, he made sure to have some smaller "Growly Bear Sized Steaks" mixed in with the great big ones for me and him.
Seeing as poor little Growly Bear has been feeling a little under the weather with nasty teething pain for the past few days, I decided to make her some yummy comfort food with a couple of her favorite dishes. And what's her most favorite thing right now? Cheese! So of course there had to be lotsa that!
So, last nights menu consisted of Crispy Parmesan Chicken, Extra Creamy Mac & Cheese, and broccoli. Mmm-mmm-mmm!
And yes, she's got her very own little chicken breast.
Hope you enjoy the recipe!
Love and Hugs
Crispy Parmesan Chicken
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp onion dip mix seasoning (you can use whatever seasoning you'd like)
- 4 boneless, skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 4 tblsp. fine dry bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Combine Mayonnaise with cheese and seasoning in medium bowl. Arrange chicken on baking sheet. Sprinkle with garlic powder. Evenly distribute the cheese mixture over the top of the breasts, and smear to cover completely. Sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until chicken is juicy and thoroughly cooked.