We were suppose to not go overboard this year. My hubby and I were suppose to not give big gifts. We were suppose to tone it down seeing as our vacation is really our gift to each other.
It didn't happen. He spoiled me! And I got him some pretty cool things too. We're both big kids when it comes to Christmas, and we LOVE giving to each other.
And then there's Growly Bear! She got some INCREDIBLE gifts! She was so overwhelmed yesterday, she didn't even know where to start. But she had a fantastic time opening and playing with all her new goodies.
The amount of food we all consumed was ridiculous! I don't know where we put it all!
We spent the day eating and drinking and opening gifts with friends and family. It truly was a perfect day!
I just spent the morning taking Christmas down. That's an all time record for this house! I always leave it up till the first weekend after New Years. The house looks naked, and like a bomb went off at the same time. Not sure how that's possible, but it apparently is.
As I was taking the tree down while Growly Bear napped, I found this.... Apparently she did a little decorating of her own when I wasn't looking.
Love and Hugs!
Cherry Almond Pound Cake
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup maraschino cherries, drained and quartered
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease and flour an 8 inch bunt pan. Mix together the flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, sour cream, and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla and almond extract. Beat in the flour mixture, mixing just until incorporated. Dredge cherries in 1/4 cup flour, then fold into batter. Spread into prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 80 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
- Optional: Make a glaze with whipping cream, icing sugar, vanilla and almond extract (to taste). Drizzle it over cake, and sprinkle with toasted almond slices.