She's completely made me re-appreciate everything I have. I'm thankful for everything almost always anyway. But her blog has really made me open my eyes, and take a better look at everything wonderful in my life.
There are days when I, along with ALL wives/girlfriends I'm sure, can't stand the smelly feet, and the dirty socks, and the collection of dishes and/or beer cans left beside the couch, the occasional wet towel left on the bed, etc. But given the alternative... I wouldn't trade it for the world.
I know I'm blessed by having my tall, dark, handsome, firefighting, hard working, funny, kind, loving, supportive husband, who also happens to be the worlds best daddy. But this lady's blog has made me re-realize that, and appreciate him even more.
So, tonight I thought I'd make him something extra special, just becasue I love him so much. There are few things he loves more then fudge'y brownies, and peanut butter, although never together before. So I thought, "why not together?" and came up with this new recipe. Hope you enjoy!
Love and Hugs
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened good quality cocoa powder
- dash of sea salt
- 1 tsp real vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup unbleached all purpose flour
- 1 cup old fashioned oats (not quick or instant)
- 3/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a 7 x 9 baking pan
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add the cocoa powder and whisk until all lumps have dissolved.
- Add the vanilla, salt and eggs, mix well. Fold in the flour and baking powder until just combined. Be careful not to overmix! Stir in the oats and chocolate chips, and pour mixture into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes
- Remove from the oven and cool completely. Once cooled, top with Peanut Butter Icing
Peanut Butter Icing
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temp
- 3/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- a splash of heavy cream (probably about 4 tblsp)
Can be made ahead and stored in the refrigerator.