It's been one of those lovely evenings! Seeing as we got our first little bit of snow last night, and seem to be in the middle of a cold snap, my hubby decided that he really had to get the winter tires on my vehicle (finally!) So, he went over to a buddy's house for the evening to use his shop.
Which, seeing as Growly Bear is passed out after a fun day with her daddy, and seeing as I no longer need to study study study, means I get the house to myself! Complete with wine, and Christmas music, and new cookie recipes to try! Perfect evening? I think so!
One cookie recipe was a hit. One I'm not at all pleased with. If anyone has a delicious Coconut Snowball Cookie Recipe, pretty please will you share it with me? The ones I made tonight were 'uber disappointing and not at all what I had in mind.
But, the Brown Sugar Shortbread is a little bit amazing! So I will share that recipe with you all now.
Happy Friday everyone!
Love and Hugs
Brown Sugar Shortbread
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tso baking powder
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- ***Optional*** Chocolate for drizzling, and coconut for dusting
- In a large bowl, cream butter, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy. Gradually stir in flour and baking powder and mix well. Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth, about 3 minutes. Pat into a 1/3-in.-thick rectangle measuring 11 in. x 8 in.
- Cut into strips (whatever size or shape you'd like). Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- Optional: Drizzle with chocolate and sprinkle with flaked coconut