Growly Bear and I have talked about that plant many times, and how she's not to play with it. But, she's been having a "testing" kinda day today. Everything she's NOT suppose to touch, she's been touching just to see how I would react. And, she's decided that she wanted to try to sample the dirt from a few of my house plants.
So, we headed outside so she could eat the dirt in the yard instead.
I've included a recipe for a delicious cake I made the other day! Perfect for using up all those yucky brown bananas you might have sitting around.
Love and Hugs!
Fudgey Banana Cake
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon good vanilla extract
- 5 ripe bananas, mashed
- 3 cups all-purpose flour (I used 1 whole wheat, 2 white)
- 1 cup good quality cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x13 inch pan. Sift together the flour, cocoa, baking powder and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla and mashed bananas. Beat in the flour mixture alternately with the sour cream, mixing just until incorporated. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 50 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool.
- Frost with Chocolate Butter Cream Icing (the recipe I used didn't turn out very well, so I won't bother sharing it)