Said child is going through some kinda sleep thing right now though... I don't know what's happening, but it sucks! She starts out the night great in her own bed. Once in a while she wakes up and needs help locating her sucky, or needs an extra cuddle, but for the most part, she's usually pretty happy in her own bed.
So last night, I thought "I'm the boss! She's staying in her own damn bed when she wakes up!"
I tried, I really really did... I lost. She won.
After an hour long freak out, where she made everyone in the surrounding villages know that her little world was ending, I gave in, and lay her down between us. She immediately had a great big sigh, curled her rotten little self into me, and fell into a deep sleep. She stayed there until 9:30 this morning!
I've got far to much to do over the next few days to go through that every night, so for now, she gets her way. She can wake up and come into our bed. But next week, Ooooh! There will be some changes around here! (Yeah I know. I talk tough now... we'll see how it all plays out though!)
Speaking of lots to do around here, tomorrow night is the big night! And by big night, I mean my girlfriend and I are tackling this outrageous 3 layer cake that I found online and want to make for the Birthday Extravaganza that's taking place on Sunday! (Hopefully I don't have an Ugly Cake repeat....)
And speaking of Sunday, pretty please do a little sun dance, say a little prayer, have a tiny chat with Mother Nature, whatever your method of communication is with the Weather Gods is, for me and request blue sky and warm sunshine for our party day! I've been chatting with dead relatives, thinking positively, crossing my fingers and toes, and stalking the long term weather forecast obsessively for the past 5 days HOPING that we will have good weather and I won't have to change our "Outdoor Garden Party" plans at the last moment due to a torrential downpour. It'd probably cry. And then drink heavily. And then maybe vomit from the excessive drinking. Not really the way I want to spend Growly Bear's 1st Birthday party. So for the love of all that is holy, PLEASE let there be sunshine! (*Lollipops and Rainbows, Everything that's wonderful....*)
With any luck you'll sign in tomorrow night and read about how extraordinarily well cake decorating went, and I won't have some horribly embarrassing story that will bring you all fits laughter and me shame and tears.
To completely change the subject, (Look! A squirrel!) I made some kick ass Mac & Cheese last night, and I've included the recipe for all my faithful readers, who, by the way, have brought my blog to #21 overall, and #3 in the humor category! How cool is that!?! Thank you everyone!!!
Love and Hugs
Extra Creamy Mac & Cheese
2 cups macaroni
1/3 cup all purpose flour
1/3 cup butter
1 can evaporated milk (380 ml)
2/3 cup milk
1 tblsp German mustard (or other grainy mustard)
3 cups grated aged cheddar
1/2 cup cream cheese
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1.5 cups fresh bread crumbs
4 tbls butter
1) Boil macaroni for 5 minutes, or until al dente. Drain and set aside.
2) Melt butter over medium high in a large sauce pan. Add flour, and whisk until thick and smooth. Slowly add milks, and continue whisking.
3) Bring to a slow boil, and allow to thicken for about 1 minute, whisking the entire time.
4) Lower heat to medium low, and whisk in mustard
5) Switching to a wooden spoon, stir in cheeses. Continue stirring until until cheddar cheese is completely melted. Remove from heat.
6) In a large metal mixing bowl, pour in half the cooked macaroni. Pour half the cheese sauce over, and gently fold together using a spatula. Add remaining macaroni and cheese sauce and gently stir until just combined.
7) Pour Mac & Cheese into a greased 9x12 baking dish, and set aside.
8) Melt butter in a non stick frying pan. Add bread crumbs, and saute until browned (7-10 mins). Stir with a wooden spoon frequently so they don't burn.
9) Sprinkle bread crumbs over Mac & Cheese, and bake at 350 for 25 minutes, or until hot and bubbly