- You learn more when you use pretty pens. It make your boring notes look, well, less boring!
- Earplugs are your friend. My husband likes to watch TV in the evening. I do my studying in the living room. I'm easily distracted. Bad combo!
- Speaking of being easily distracted, it's also a good idea to put away the BlackBerry... That's probably the single hardest thing for me to do!
- It's also helpful to get your sweet husband to quiz you using your flash cards, even though they are made up mostly of big long legal terms that he doesn't know how to pronounce properly. It's super cute.
- Cookies and milk make great brain food! For realz! I'm sure they increase brain power.
I'll share my latest favorite brain-food cookie recipe, which just happens to be a Christmas cookie!
Love and Hugs
Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookies
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup white
- 1 tsp real Mexican vanilla
- 3/4 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans, optional
Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt - set aside.
In a medium bowl cream the butter, sugar and vanilla until fluffy.
Gradually mix in the dry ingredients, and then stir in the chocolate chips and nuts.
Roll, or scoop dough into walnut sized balls, and place on greased cookie sheet.
Flatten slightly, and bake for 15-20 mins until light and golden.
Remove from sheet to cool on wire rack.
Stores well at room temp in cookie jar or tin.