Last year, Growly Bear was still pretty teeny (7 months old) and I was still nursing her, so I had to drink responsibly and not get too wild, and all that mumbo jumbo.
That's not the case this year!
We had my work Christmas party on Saturday night, and we had a blast! There was too much food, just the right amount of tequila, and hours of dancing to an awesome DJ!
We left Growly Bear with my parents for the night. She's only had one other sleep over at Grama and Grampa's house, and it was over a year ago! I'm sure you'll all remember the last time we tried to leave her for a sleep over there, the world almost ended, and our evening out was cut short by having to hide out from potential tsunamis!
This evening out went much, much better.
The food theme of our Christmas party on Saturday was "finger foods", so I thought I'd include the recipe for the yummy Cheese and Bacon Mini Quiche I brought. They are perfect quick and easy food for entertaining!
Love and Hugs!
Cheese and Bacon Quiche
- 1 1/2 cups cream cheese
- 8 large eggs
- 1 large yellow onion
- 1 lb bacon cooked until crispy, and then crumbled
- 1 1/2 cups good quality aged cheddar cheese, grated
- 30 pre made tart shells (I like the Tenderflake ones in the freezer section)
- In an electric mixer, whip cream cheese until it's smooth
- Add eggs, and mix on medium until well incorporated
- Add onion and bacon, and continue mixing
- Fold in grated cheese using a spatula
- Place the tart shells on 2 cookie sheets for easy maneuvering, and evenly distribute the filling using a muffin scoop.
- Bake at 350 for 25-35 mins, or until golden and slightly puffed