I've been looking back, and wondering how on earth we went from this:
This little person keeps me on my toes!
She's the one that requests "Beer" for breakfast, and "Pissa" and "Cake-Cups" for every other meal.
She's full of mischief and jokes, funny faces and killer dance moves.
She's got a love of shoes, tutus, "ponies" (the kind in her hair!) pretty toes (which she makes sure get touched up at least once a week!) and baking.
She's the one with the endless supply of hugs and kisses. The one who can instantly turn a tough day into a good day with one smile.
I read a poem last night that's been floating around on Facebook, and it the absolute truth. It made me have happy tears, and I wanted to share it with all of you.
You are my I love you
Author: Maryann K Cusimano
I am your parent you are my child
I am your quiet place, you are my wild
I am your calm face, you are my giggle
I am your wait, you are my wiggle
I am your audience, you are my clown
I am your London Bridge, you are my falling down
I am your Carrot Sticks, you are my licorice
I am your dandelion, you are my first wish
I am your water wings, you are my deep
I am your open arms, you are my running leap
I am your way home, you are my new path
I am your dry towel, you are my wet bath
I am your dinner, you are my chocolate cake
I am your bedtime, you are my wide awake
I am your finish line, you are my race
I am your praying hands, you are my saving grace
I am your favourite book, you are my new lines
I am your nightlight, you are my sunshine
I am your lullaby, you are my peek-a-boo
I am your kiss goodnight, you are my I love you
I've included a tasty new recipe for you to enjoy with your happy tears.
I hope you like it!
Love and Hugs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup good quality cocoa powder
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup miracle-whip
- 1 tblsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line 24 muffin cups with paper muffin liners.
- Stir the flour, baking soda, baking powder, sugar and cocoa powder together in a bowl.
- Cream the bananas, miracle whip, vanilla and egg, and add to the flour mixture, stirring to combine.
- Add chocolate chips; stir until well combined. Pour into prepared muffin cups to about 3/4 full.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the tops spring back when lightly pressed, about 20 minutes.