Tomorrow the day comes when my maternity leave is up, and I will be returning to work. Luckily, it's not full time! I'm doing a 3 day a week thing for now, and I'm beyond thrilled which my schedule! Growly Bear will get to hang out with her Grama one day a week, and her Daddy 2 days a week, and me the rest of the time! Thank goodness, becasue I think I'd be an emotional wreck if I was going back full time and she was going to day care. I'm just not ready for that! And I'm pretty sure she's not either.
So seeing as I have a wicked schedule, and I super love my job, I'm a happy girl and don't feel the need to have a nervous breakdown about re-entering the work force.
Seeing as it will be back to somewhat reality for me tomorrow, we had a nice lazy day today where we played, a lot.
I realized, while we were playing and I was thinking how freaking cute Growly Bear is, and how awesome today's outfit was on her, that I should tell you all about the best clothing item out there that all moms need to know about! (I know I have some new mommy readers, and a couple of preggos, so this post is for you!)
I didn't know anything about these awesome things, but luckily a girlfriend with two adorable daughters of her own, introduced me to them.
Baby Legs! If you have a little one, and you don't have Baby Legs, you have got to get some!
Look how cute they are!!!
Basically they are just like a big long leg warmer that they can wear instead of pants. And they rock!
I'm including a recipe of the day for your enjoyment!
Love and Hugs
Lemon Coconut Squares
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup cold butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice, strained
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup flaked coconut
1) In a bowl, combine flour and powdered sugar. Cut in the butter until crumbly. Press onto the bottom of a lightly greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes.
2) While crust is cooking, beat the eggs, sugar, lemon juice and baking powder together in a mixing bowl.
3) Pour over crust and sprinkle coconut evenly over the top.
3) Bake at 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
5) Cool completely.
6) Cut into bars.