Well, except for the fact that Growly Bear is brutally teething right now. (Still? Again?!) And the fact that she has yet another cold! (They joys of regularly participating in play groups!) And that she's in the exact kinda mood that you would expect from a teething 18 month old with a cold. That part wasn't so wonderful.
But between crying fits, freak outs, meltdowns, and snot bubbles, the parts that were great, were that it was a cold, super dark day. (Yay for all the dust doggies not being too visible! We've talked about this before.) And that I had the woodstove going, and crackling nicely in the background all afternoon. We had cuddle time, and wrapped Christmas gifts. Watched far too much tree house, and vegged on the couch. It was awesome. Other then her feeling terrible.
Growly Bear has been demanding "pi'sa" (pizza) and "cake-cups" all day. Seeing as she's refusing to eat almost everything right now, I decided to play along, and hopefully distract her from feeling so poopy for a while, and we had a nice little afternoon in the kitchen.
I realized as we were making the pizza dough, that as she was demanding cake-cups. she was actually pointing to my cookie jars. I made an executive decision to nix the cake-cups, and make cookies instead. I think it was the right move!
Love and Hugs
Powdered Sugar Cookies
- 1 cup butter butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Mix together the butter, egg, and confectioners' sugar. Stir in vanilla, salt, baking soda and flour. Mix well.
- Roll dough into 1 inch in diameter balls. Roll in sugar, and place on greased cookie sheet. Press down with a glass bottom dipped in sugar. Can sprinkle decorative sprinkles on if you'd like.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for about 10 minutes or just until edges are turning golden. Let cool slightly before removing from the cookie sheet.