I think I need to fly south for the summer.
Instead of making yummy summer foods like BBQed chicken and delicious salads, and frozen desserts, I'm still rotating my collection of wintertime "Comfort Foods" recipes.
Seeing as it was a dark and drizzly day yet again, I made one of my fattening feel good meals for dinner tonight. I've included the recipe just in case other places in the world are experiencing depressing "summer time" weather and need some stick-to-your-ribs casserole. If not, bookmark it for the Fall, becasue it's uber delish.
Love and Hugs
Cheesy Tuna Noodle Casserole
- 1 3/4 cup macaroni
- 1 x 10oz can Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 2 x 6oz each cans Tuna packed in water, drained
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 8oz package light cream cheese
- 2 cups grated aged cheddar cheese
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- dash of salt and pepper
- 1 cup grated aged cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350
- Boil the noodles in lightly salted water for about 7 minutes, or until cooked but firm. When done, drain and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine soup, tuna, onion, first amount of cheeses, and seasonings. Mix well, and fold in cooked pasta until evenly distributed. Be careful not to mash or break up the noodle. Pour into greased 9x13 casserole dish.
- Sprinkle second amount of cheese on the top
- Bake for 35-45 mins, or until golden brown and bubbly
- You can make ahead, cover, and refrigerated until ready to cook.