Today, Growly Bear and I decided to hide out from the crazy weather, and spend a little time in our favorite room in the house, our kitchen, and we created an insanely incredible dessert.
You may have all seen a similar recipe floating around on Facebook. However, that recipe contained box mixes and other pre-made ingredients. And as you all know, I don't like to cook like that. I like the real deal!
So, here is our version. And it's crazy good! Like in the top 10 list of the best things I've ever made, ever! It's that good!
Love and Hugs
Cookie, Brownie, Oreo Squares
-Preheat oven to 350
Chocolate Cookie Bottom Layer Ingredients:
1 Batch of my Best Big, Fat, Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup butter melted
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups good quality, mini semisweet chocolate chips
- Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the melted butter, and sugars until well blended. Beat in the vanilla, and eggs until light and creamy. Mix in the sifted ingredients until just blended. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand using a wooden spoon.
- Using hands, press into prepared baking dish, making sure dough is flat and evenly distributed.
- 1 bag of Double Stuffed Oreos (you probably won't use the entire bag)
Place a single layer of Oreos over cookie dough, fitting in as many as you can by placing them closely together.
1 batch of my Best in the West Ooey Gooey Brownies
- 1 cup butter melted
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons real vanilla extract
- 4 tblsp prepared strong coffee, cooled
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup good quality cocoa powder
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chip
- Cream butter, sugar, vanilla and coffee. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well with whisk after each addition. Add cocoa and beat until well blended. Add flour, baking powder and salt, beat well. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter over Oreo cookies.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking for an additional 15-25 minutes. Please note, the brownie will still be slightly under-set. It's suppose to be - that's where the fudgy'ness come from.
- Let cool completely before cutting — brownies may still be gooey in the middle when still warm, but will set up perfectly once cooled. Enjoy!!